Swimming in McKinney: The Top Swimming Pools
Summertime is one of the best times to be in McKinney but the warm temperatures might have you looking for a place to take a dip and cool down. There are a few fantastic public pools in the city for residents and visitors to come by and take a swim. Let’s take a peek at some of the top swimming pools in the city.
3003 Alma Rd.
Gabe Nesbitt Community Park
McKinney, TX 75070
- Apex Centre is a large recreational building that offers many different aquatic activities. Their 4 pools are each designed with the swimmer’s needs in mind so you’re able to have a great time without being too crowded. They also offer pool time rentals for birthday parties and “lock-in” events.
- The indoor leisure pool is a great choice for swimmers who are looking to enjoy the water and swim with their families. The pool is open to kids and adults and features 3 25 yard lanes are available for swimming laps and it goes from a zero-feet entry up to four feet. A child’s play structure and large open flume slide are also attached to the pool so it’s the perfect place to swim with the whole family.
- If you just have little ones that aren’t capable of swimming yet then you’ll appreciate the outdoor kiddie pool. Parents can introduce their children to the water easily with a zero-foot to a one-foot depth that helps both of you feel comfortable. A small play structure is available with a slide for your water babies to enjoy.
- For professional swimmers or anyone looking to do some diving, the Indoor competition pool is available year-round. The pool is 25 yards by 25 meters long with 11 lanes. The depth goes from 6ft to 12ft and a three-meter diving board is available.
- Their most popular pool is the outdoor leisure pool which they describe as “every kid’s dream summer pool”. This pool is open in the summer seasons and it includes something for everyone to enjoy. The pool is 3-4 feet deep and features a river channel, family slide, kiddie play structure, a basketball hoop, two closed-flume body slides, and two open-flume body slides.
Hours and pool opening times can vary so make sure to check their website often for updates. The membership fee for the entire recreational center includes access to the pools but day passes are also available for residents and non-residents to enjoy the pool as well.
Juanita Maxfield Aquatic Center
1701 N. McDonald St.
McKinney, TX 75071
For a great place to enjoy the outdoors while you swim, try the Juanita Maxfield Aquatic Center which has open swim times available all summer long. The pool has a number of fun features for kids and parents to enjoy including the diving board, rock wall, and a floating dragon bridge plus there are picnic tables located beside the pool for easy monitoring. The pool has a depth of 2ft in its shallow end up to 11ft in the deep end.
The pool is open from 4 pm - 7 pm on Mondays and Wednesdays and opens again from 1 pm - 8 pm on Saturdays and 1 pm - 6 pm on Sundays. The pool charges $1.75 for anyone over the age of 10, $1.25 for ages 2-10, and kids under 2 swim free.
Swimming lessons and classes are also run through the pool so contact them for availability and prices. If you really want to create a splash at your next event then think about renting the pool for your friends to enjoy. The rental cost is $110 plus $20 for every 25 people.
Old Settlers Aquatic Center
1101 E. Louisiana St.
McKinney, TX 75069
Fun for the whole family awaits at the Old Settlers Aquatic Center with their vibrant and whimsical pool. Kids love to explore the floor bubblers, lemon drop sprayers, and teacup water feature while parents love the lounge chairs and open air. The pool’s maximum depth is 3.5 ft and an open-flume water slide is available for kids who are over 42”.
The pool is open Monday - Friday from 4 pm - 8 pm, Saturdays from 10 am - 8 pm, and Sundays from 12 pm - 6 pm. The entry fee for swimming is $2 for anyone over 10, $1.25 for kids under 10, and free for little ones 2 and under.
If you’re looking at renting out the pool, the cost will be $250 for the entire facility and it’s available between 6:30 pm and 8:30 pm on Sundays only.
McKinney Senior Pool
1400 S. College
McKinney, TX 75069
The McKinney Senior Pool is open to everyone and they have specific times for "public" and "50+" swimmers to enjoy the pool. They are open all year round and they offer a ramp entry, water walking area, and 2 swim lanes plus the pool is kept heated at a comfortable 86 degrees.
Fees for the pool vary and annual passes can be purchases for families. The passes also allow you entry to 2 other pools in the area (the Juanita Maxfield Aquatic Center and the Old Settlers Aquatic Center) so it's a great deal for anyone with a family that loves to visit the pools.
A day pass for the pool costs $1.75 for anyone over 10, $1.25 for anyone 10-3, and kids under 3 can swim for free. The pool is open on Monday to Thursday from 6:30 am to 8:30 pm, Fridays from 6:30 am to 3 pm, Saturdays from 8 am to 12 pm, and Sundays from 1 pm to 4 pm.
Splash Pads in McKinney
Along with the full-service pools, there are many different splash pads at parks all over the city. Splash pads are free with entry to the park and the hours at each one will vary. Let’s have a look at the parks in the city with available splash pads.
2701 N. Brook Dr.
10301 JFK Blvd.
1201 Monticello Dr.
212 McMakin St.
301 W. Standifer St.
401 Flat Rock Dr.
4212 Shawnee Dr.
3701 Hudson Crossing
1849 Reagan Dr.
McKinney has so much to offer for its residents and visitors and its swimming pools are no exception. There are many available and each one has its own amazing features. Whether you’re looking for a place to train for a competition, cool off in the summer sun, or splash around in the cooler months, you’ll find a pool that suits your wants in McKinney.
Homes For Sale in McKinney, Texas
NTREIS data last updated November 27, 2021.